Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I hate being sick :(

Well folks, I'm sick. And what better to do when you're sick than to complain about how sick you are? Luckily for you, I'm too tired to go into detail so you got a free pass on that one. I just wish I had some Tazo Refresh Tea at home, I was drinking it ALL day today at work. Tazo Refresh Tea. Also known as, my life saver while sick at work. I don't know what it is about this magic peppermint drink but it works wonders. I have a little secret ingredient that I will share with those of you lucky enough to read this post, add a touch of green tea leaves to the peppermint/refresh - you're golden! My throat feels like I am swallowing knives, and no this is not me being dramatic, however, this warm touch of heaven is helping indeed. :)



I set up for the fall promotion today at work. It's a pumpkin party over at that coffee shop, let me tell ya! Point being, as I was attempting to be artistic while drawing "fall-ish" things on our Team Feature board, I realized that it's close to fall.. which means :: fingers crossed :: maybe some cold weather soon! I can see the confused look on your faces now, but yes, it is possible for a person to live in Texas and secretly want cold weather all year long. I love it - scarves, gloves, coats, oh my! And of course, once the cold weather arrives - I can jam out to the Christmas music that I wait for all year long!



One other thing before I go - can anyone tell me what happened to the wave? That's right, the wave. No, I don't mean the over-the-top school spirit exercise done at such things as pep-rallies or football games. I mean the car wave. See image above. The, "well I see you in the lane next to me and it's cute you think that's gonna stop me from switching over lanes and cutting you off" wave. I'm telling you, where did manners go? I had such an experience this morning - I thought... "hey this traffic sucks and I'm late to work but I'm gonna be nice and let you into my lane because I'm a rock star like that" and my eyes did not leave the spot where their hand should have raised to simply say "hey thanks". Alas, there was nothing - not even a pinky lift. RUDE. Point being, lets bring back the wave people. It's 2 seconds out of your day and it keeps drivers like me happy, and believe me - we want to keep drivers like me happy!

Until next time - I leave you with this amazing song. Yes I realize John Mayer can sometimes be a complete cheese fest however, I love his cover of this song and won't lie - belt it out while driving alone in my car :) Enjoy!



-J

3 comments:

  1. Take the NASCAR approach when someone fails to give a courtesy wave... Get up underneath 'em, get 'em a little loose and put 'em into the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. get betta helga. xx

    ReplyDelete