Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Time of Change..

While thinking about what to write my new blog post about, I realized that the Watson family's lives are changing so much that I could probably write a good "memory lane" post about all the craziness that is happening. I have also embraced the fact that this post will probably make my mother and sister cry - it's the Watson Women genes.. we are doomed to cry at the drop of a hat.

So what am I talking about, you ask? Well.. I have moved out of my apartment and into the Schlosz' family house in Round Rock and my parents are moving out of their house and into my apartment. Crazy? Yes, I think so.

Growing up we moved around a lot as a family, I feel like we have lived in every part of England possible, yes that is a slight exaggeration.. but you get the point. We then left England and moved to the states and landed in Little Rock, Arkansas. Hmm... no comment. We then moved to Austin, Texas. And since then, both of my siblings have gotten married :tear:, 4 dogs have been added to our family, 2 college graduations have happened, and 2 high school graduations have happened. 2 grandchildren have been born, both the parents had the big 5-0 :), 1 sibling moved out of town, and the other out of state, and we have met so many great people. I'm sure I'm missing many other events, but you get the point, a lot of big stuff has happened since moving to Austin.

But now, there is a time for change. The word alone can often scare many people, but depending on the way you look at it, it can also be a great thing. Change challenges us, as humans, to not freak out at the "altering" of what we have gotten used to. I admire my parents for their courage and strength to face many challenges that come from change in their years of marriage. And now they take on yet another huge change, moving from a big ol' house into my 1 bedroom apartment.

So, 10636 Floral Park Drive, we solute you.
From birthday parties, to engagement parties, to baby showers, to anniversary parties, to family reunions - you have given our family shelter and a great home to live in. But now, it is time for you to be the home for a new family and bless them.
So, here are a few pics to celebrate the great time we had in this house, but to also look forward to the new memories to come. So, yes. Christmas will be different this year, Thanksgiving will be different this year. But, I'm learning to understand the true meaning of these times, to celebrate with the ones you love; Whether with a huge Christmas tree with presents and a big table to sit around, or in a new place where things are a little more cosy.

This is the classic look of our living room after all the prezzies have been opened in the afternoon:


Mum and Dad's 50th Birthday


My lovely family <3


I love this picture, it's from last Christmas, Derby and his grandad :)


Mum's yearly masterpiece:


Laura + Jack


The classic "too early to take pictures" photos from Christmas morning:


Han and Dave lad:


The classic present that Dad buys Mum every year even though they promise not to get each other gifts:


Han and Dave are engaged!


The snow day when Han punched me in the face...


While we pretend to help with the tree


Grandma and Grandpa Visiting:




The cake making masters!


Putting up Christmas lights!


The Man of the house!


Thanksgiving:


A VERY old picture from a great time when family came to visit form England




Karaoke nights!


BALLOONS!


One of the many parties:


No comment..


Laura doing Han's makeup for her Jr. Prom


Being goofy


Jack Lad representing his British pride!



Tornado warning.. everyone in the closet.. with a bottle of wine!


Father's Day 2009:


Alright.. you've all seen enough :P
But you get my point... it's been a great house and we have all grown up so much since moving in years ago that December day. Lets see what the next years bring!

5 comments:

  1. This post is awesome. Thanks for helping me remember, Jess. It's been a great house and we will all miss it. But we have lots of great memories to take with us : ) Love you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jess - we did do a lot there didn't we. This is a wonderful, heartfelt post and yes, I did indeed cry for at least 10 minutes! Mixed emotions as we start a new adventure but very, very fond memories of our time at Floral Park, Oh and thanks for letting us live in your apartment!!! Love Moj xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for doing this Jess. Lovely memories. Love dad xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A masterpiece as always Jess. It, sounds as though you have had lots of special times in your family home. I'm sure you will all share lots more special times together but in new places. I really enjoyed your blog. Miss you all lots. Jac xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing - almost one year ago on where you were. I think you have come a long way h-pet. <3

    ReplyDelete